Life's been crazy busy, in a good way. So here's a quick list of what's going on:
• The Sunday before last lordaerith
and I rolled up 3.5/3.75 characters for a run. It's the typical gamer ratio (7 guys and me). My character's already annoying everyone. :)
• Last Monday I went to a Marian Call
house concert. She's amazing. She's touring all 50 states
, so go find out when she'll be in a city/town near you and go see her. She's a total nerd and cute too. Oh, and she'll be performing at the SDCC w00tstock
! There were many nerds there and we all flocked together. Flirted with a guy who works at Blizzard. Hey, anything to get into the Cataclysm beta, right? ;)
• This last Friday was lordaerith
's and my fifth wedding anniversary
. Year 5 is the wood anniversary. Don't worry, we already went there. We both took Friday and Monday off from work. Friday we went to Schlitterbaun
(which is becoming our anniversary tradition). The rides there really are the best! After riding tons of rides on both sides of the park, we headed back to Austin and went to the Melting Pot
for the first time. Very nice. They found out it was our anniversary and brought us complimentary champaign with dessert.
• Saturday night we went to the Gilbert & Sullivan Society of Austin
's production of "Yeoman of the Guard" with moonwick
. Is a rather interesting opera. Not quite so light and airy as their usual fair and a weird ending.
• The rest of our four day weekend was spend lounging around, getting stuff off of the DVR, playing WoW, and cleaning up the house a bit.
• Work is going well. I'm starting to teach more. I'm developing curriculum for a new feature coming out in our Summer release, which is kind of like shooting a moving target. Oh, and work's sending me to Boston in mid-August to teach four days of classes. The current plan is for lordaerith
and I to go up together a few days early and see people and then he'll head home while I teach. Let me know if you want to see us.
• Other than that, life is busy with work, husband, cats, yoga
, social engagements, friends, and WoW.